Program Manager: Zetta Reicker
A Better Course improves the nutrition children receive by improving access to healthy foods through public programs such as school meals, SNAP/ CalFresh, and makes that food safer by advocating to improve transparency in our food system regarding allergens, pesticides and GMOs.
Program Managers: Janae Lloyd, Shannon Trevino, and Tracy Tinclair
B Local Bay Area is a community of 300+ values-driven companies that collaborate to improve the social and environmental impact business has on all stakeholders within our community and beyond.
Program Manager: Mistinguette Smith
The Black/Land Project gathers, facilitates and shares conversations about the current relationship between black people, land, and place in order to share their powerful traditions of resourcefulness, resilience, and regeneration.
Program Manager: Alissa Barron
Program Co-Directors: Michael Shuman and John Fisk
Graphic Designer: Charles Huerth
Funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, this program’s purpose is to conduct research and education regarding the local ownership of food enterprise as a pathway to prosperity. The program has the following objectives:
- Produce a practitioner’s guide consisting of case studies from the United States, Africa, Asia, Latin America and Europe. Each case study will paint a full picture of a distinct local food enterprise – its origins, operations, successes and failures, tradeoffs, economic and social outcomes, and aspects in need of further development.
- Conduct an outreach and communications campaign that engages opinion leaders, community groups, planners and entrepreneurs worldwide and builds a global brain trust for advancing the design and application of community food enterprise models.
- Build a dynamic, online resource to inform and link practitioners worldwide, including an open-source system for collecting and sharing examples of community food enterprises.
Program Director: Claudia Viek
The Invest in Women Entrepreneurs Initiative seeks to create wealth for women. Our mission is to significantly increase resources that support the growth of women-owned businesses by leveraging private, corporate, and government grants and capital.
Move Money for Good Program
Program Director: Jenny Kassan
The Move Money for Good Program consists of three parts:
- The annual CoCap (Community Capital) conference held in Oakland, CA
- The Force for Good Fund/Accelerator, which is designed to nurture, grow, and launch women- and people of color-owned, high-impact, “Best for the World” B Corporations (i.e., companies that score in the top 10% of B Corps worldwide.
- The Crowdfunding for All Campaign which, in partnership with community-based nonprofits and government agencies, helps underserved entrepreneurs take advantage of the new federal investment crowdfunding exemption
Program Director: Jenny Kassan
The Nido de Huevos Fund is a charitable fund that provides technical assistance and community support for mission-driven women entrepreneurs.
Nurture with Nourishment
Program Director: Jenee Johnson
Nurture with Nourishment is a supplemental project for alumni of the San Francisco Black Infant Health Program that addresses food insecurity among Black mothers in San Francisco.